CrowdSupport®
jen21
Level 2: Rookie

I CAN NOT get any call or text who has phone with OPTUS

I have had the problem where a optus phone number can't call or text me over year.
I've went Telstra n they checked my phone setting n they said nothing wrong.
in the end they changed my sim card as well but still same.
I've rang Telstra costumer service but they can't help me either.
it is so uncomfortable and make me annoying

Please help me asap.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: I CAN NOT get any call or text who has phone with OPTUS

Hello,

Please can you advise me if this coincided with you churning / moving from one mobile network eg Optus    to another eg Telstra  (or Vodafone}

Having actually worked for 2 mobile phone manufacturers and 1 network mobile phone exchange, I can assure you it is NOT a phone problem.

Once you advise me if you have churned networks or not, I will then advise the next thing to do.

Thank you

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
jen21

Yes. I used to use optus before Telstra as same number.
so u mean my phone having 2 phone manufacturers?

Thanks, I thought i twas this.

When you churned from Optus to Telstra, the churning operater  forgot to tick a box.

You need to speak to ring 132200  and speak with the "Mobile Activations"    or "Mobile Churning"  department.

Most probably Mobile Activations, as churning department is generally not accessible.

Explain this to Mobile Activations and have them notify the churning department of the problem and it's a simple matter of ticking a box.

Basically, Telstra manage an office doing churning, with also Optus and Vodafone staff also together in that one office and together they process the churns in the one area from network to network.

Customer service or technical support can't access the churning department, BUT   w Mobile Activations can.

Thank you

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
jen21

Thank u so much for ur help.
I rang that number n I've speak to someone n in the end they said they will ring me in 2 hours which is they never do.
hmmmm but thank YOU so much.
you have a good day.
;-)

Thanks, don't wait for them to ring, as it will rarely happen. Keep ringingplease..... as you are entitled to a full service.

If you are not followed up, as a last resort....please ring 132200  and say "Complaint" preferably in business hours .

The right people can fix this in 30 seconds....so please  don't give up

PS Many thanks   for the kudos

Thanks

jen21

Yes I will .
and can u explain to me which box someone forgot to tick.
because when I told them they keep asked me tick a box for what? Like this........
so can u please let me know which box they should tick please.......

Hello Jen

There are a number of options on the computer system which allow the various services to be churned.

For example, text messages,...purely as an example.

My knowledge of their system in 2015 is outdated, as I have been retired for some years.....but I do know that when they churn you from Optus to Telstra, (or VF to Optus or Telstra, or any combination) ,,,,on the respective computers, they go through the "churning" process so for instance all services follow the change.

In the early days if you were  out of Australia and sent a text message to an Optus number (purely as illustration) that had been turned to Telstra, in the very beginning of churning many years ago, there was a problem of the customer receiving overseas texts on Telstra after the churn.   I know that for a fact, but that is NOT your problem.

What should happen is that the Optus and Telstra operators at the Churn Centre will check your settings to check if something is not completed as it should be.   When I say "a box just needs to be ticked" it is a euphanism for saying that they need to check for a function that apparently has been overlooked, that prevents to receiving Optus calls.

I don't know what department you spoke to, but it sounds like you did not speak specifically  to Mobile Activations, as they would have a trail on their screen/s  of your connection, and would know exactly what to check, or instruct the Churn Centre to check out your churn on their systems.

That is why I suggested you be sure you were actually speaking to "Mobile Activations" who would be constantly in touch with their  Churn Centre colleagues, who can isolate where the error is, that is causing your problem.

Ring again and say "Mobile Activations" and when the person answers, if they are not in Mobile Activations, insist they connect you with Mobile Activations. It is there that your problem will be correctly address.

Thanks.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now