CrowdSupport®
purplekitikat
Level 1: Cadet

I have Telstra Home Broadband, but I want to swap my mobile to Telstra too.

I know I should probably talk to Optus first, but a few years ago I was able to help my father swap over to Telstra with nothing but his Optus account number and they took care of the rest.
Am I remembering this wrong? Or is there a way for me to move my mobile phone plan to Telstra without having to pay Optus exorbitant fees for moving over? As I recall, they moved my father over and he just started paying them instead, same phone and closest plan.
I have a post paid mobile phone plan with Optus and a Telstra Home Broadband bundle.
I'm probably remembering this wrong, but I want to check before I go in to a store without any documentation I might need.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: I have Telstra Home Broadband, but I want to swap my mobile to Telstra too.

If you go in to the Telstra Store with your Optus account details, they will be able to get you ported across. If you are still under contract with Optus, you will still have to pay any Early Termination Charges and Device Repayments that are owing to them. You can't escape that part.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now