CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Dazza1973
Level 2: Rookie

Lease Phone lost in transit

Hi.

I had an iPhone7 on a lease plan, which I have handed in when I took up a new contract for my current iPhone8. Telstra claims they have not received the phone, even though my local Telstra Shop has admitted I handed this phone in. 

Telstra has charged me for the phone, that I have handed in. My service has been suspended due to Telstra not receiving the phone.

Is this right?

Should I be penalised for doing everything right?

My local Telstra shop need a tracking number from Australia Post as a proof that my phone is heading back to Telstra. 

Again - Why can't I access my current phone's services due to situations I have no control over?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Lease Phone lost in transit

If you handed it back in at your local Telstra Shop, then they should be (and really are the only ones who can) sort it out for you. They should have the tracking number if it was dispatched by them.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dazza1973
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Jupiter!

That's the vital information they are missing. My local Telstra Shop have contacted Australia Post to get a tracking number. While searching for this, my services are being restricted.

While typing this, I'm on hold with Telstra to work this out.

(After all, who else can I call?)

While I am on the phone, another Telstra rep i calling me due to a complaint I made with the TIO.

Given that you have satisfied the conditions of contract by returning the phone in-store, the store should be able to "tick it off" so to speak from their end. The tracking number should just be for the reconciliation between the store's accounts and the warehouse's accounts.

It should not affect you at all.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now