Kyliechook1
Level 1: Cadet

Leasing phone

Hi
I have 2 plans with iPhone 7plus, which are leased instead of the option to own the phone at the end of the plan. I’m wondering if I can change the plan to buying the phone or if I will be penalised?
Or can I buy the phone at the end of the plan?
Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
TheChosenOne
Level 8: Inspector

Re: Leasing phone

Hi Kyliechook1,

I already asked the same question to our Telstra reps, and YES! you can still own the phone at the end of the contract, however knowing that you're paying less (since you're just leasing the phone) - expect that there will be a fee after the contract ends for you to be able to own the phone.

Basically you'll just buying the phone at the end of your contract. The charge will be determined once the contract ends.
Always here to help. Please don't forget to click the Like button if you "like" what I suggested Smiley Happy

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now