Highlighted
Michaelp1
Level 3: Gumshoe

Mobile Accelerate plan change from August 2019

Answered

RE: 

Mobile Accelerate Casual Plan $25 a month increasing to $30 in August 2019

I received notice that my $25 a month mobile plan that includes $300 of usage (calls/texts) and 200MB of data is going up to $30 a month from August.

It does not say what the data allowance is in the new plan, only that it will now include

"unlimited calls and texts to standard Australian numbers". Standard Australian numbers I assume includes mobile numbers.

Question : What is the data allowance included in the $30 a month new plan?

When I search the Telstra website for information about the new plan that the service will be transferred to, there is no information about it.  The cheapest plan here is $50 a month :

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/sim-only-plans

Why is this information hidden?  Where can I get the new Critical Information Summary for the plan that my service is being switched to. It is not here:

https://www.telstra.com.au/help/critical-information-summaries/personal/mobile/mobile-plans/telstra-...

I found on the forum a post that from April 2019, in ‘Price Changes to Some of Our Consumer Mobile Post Paid Plans’, that the $30 Mobile Accelerate Plan is actually costing $40 a month which is quite confusing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile Accelerate plan change from August 2019

Thanks for getting back to me,

Yes for the odd occasions where you do go over the 200MB you will be able to add an additional 1GB for $10. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 22: Superhuman

There are Go Casual plans, though they may have been "grand-fathered"

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
upu02
Level 1: Cadet

Why is yours changing?

My $20 a month plan is going up to $25 a month, so why cant you transfer across to the one im getting?

And no, i cant find any info about it either.

Michaelp1

Thanks for the info.  What will you be receiving for the $25/month plan now? as the original $20/month plan only had $20 credit per month (and no data allowance), although this may have changed since you took it out.

"Telstra Casual Plan $20 includes $20 of standard credit, making it ideal for very light users who only need to make the occasional call. ... No included data. Data cost $2.00/MB. SMS $0.25 ; call rate $0.94/min, 2 min call $2.15"

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Michaelp1,

I will need confirmation on the actual plan you were on as I am only able to locate a Mobile Accelerate $25 plan that will be increasing in price and allowing unlimited text and calls to standard Australian numbers over the current $300 limit. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Michaelp1

Hi DingoDan, The plan I've been on since 26 July 2014 is called Mobile Accelerate Casual Plan $25 includes $300 eligible usage and 200MB of data to use in Australia per month.  For 20+years prior to that was on Member plan ($20/month before the change). The email I received 11 July 2019 states there is a price increase of 20% to $30 a month (far enough) but does not say that there is any data included. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Michaelp1,

Thanks for confirming the plan name. With the Mobile Accelerate Casual Plan $25 this will be increasing in price to $30 per month however will now include Unlimited Talk and Text.

Their is no change in the amount of data you will receive with this plan. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Michaelp1

Thank you, that is great to know. Here is the screen shot from the last bill. Most months usage is under 200MB but once or twice when it goes over in the month, I can add on 1GB extra data for $10 charge.  Will I still be able to do that?

Mobile accelerate casual plan 25.JPG

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Thanks for getting back to me,

Yes for the odd occasions where you do go over the 200MB you will be able to add an additional 1GB for $10. 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now