callum212
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile Plan Stuck in Provisioning for a year

Hey I've been with Telstra for about a year now and about a month ago I decided to change my plan to one with more data.

I went into a Telstra store and they informed me that due to my account being in provisioning status, I am unable to make any changes to my Telstra account. I was told this was an error as my account has been in provisioning since November last year...

I was told to come into the store 48 hours later as they would speak to the provisioning team and fix the issue. However upon arriving 3 business days later I discovered it still wasn't fixed, so then they escalated the issue.

7 more times I have been to the store after 48 hours and they have told me that it was still provisioning and every time they told me they would escalate it. I spoke to the provisioning team personally 2 weeks ago and they assured me their manager was working on it as I am speaking to them. And that it would be fixed in less than a day. A few days later I checked and it was still there..

I have been talking with complaints and every 3 days they call me to tell me it's still provisioning and that they are escalating this issue. I believe nobody is doing anything at all and I am being messed around. I have been trying to terminate my contract with Telstra however they said due to the provisioning status I'm unable to do that too. Seriously the biggest waste of time as escalation if the issue has done nothing.

I was told by a team member that it's just bad luck that I am now stuck in this contract with Telstra. I can't even change providers even if I pay out my contract as provisioning status prevents anything from being changed.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Mobile Plan Stuck in Provisioning for a year

Have you lodged an official complaint through the Telstra website?
https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
callum212

Not through the website but by phone, and they just called me once a week for the last 3 weeks to tell me that it's still provisioning, but I believe they aren't even working to fix it.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi callum212, I would certainly direct you towards lodging a Formal Complaint directly online at  http://tel.st/yc422; Once this has been received, you shall be assigned a Case Manager who shall be able to look into this on your behalf and then make contact with you personally with a resolution or plan in place to resolve this for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

callum212

Already have had a case manager for a month, plan is still provisioning.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi callum212, 

Thanks for letting us know and sorry for any frustration caused. Can you please provide the complaint reference number here? I'll have a check on this for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Want a Big Gigaboost?

Get a Massive 10GB Bonus on Select Lease Plans.

Find out more