Highlighted
Henk1
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile phone

Answered
Hi I have a current plan with Virgin mobile which is about to end. I was thinking of changing to Telstra mobile and adding it on to my other Telstra services (BigPond Foxtel home phone) I am paying $45 a month for a iPhone 5c with 200mb of data and $200 credit. I have been a Telstra customer for quite a few years what can you offer me? Regards Henk
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile phone

Hello Henk,

In addition to what you have already been advised, if you were to enter a new home internet contract with Telstra, and have a total of 3 services,  providing you do not take a bundle, and your other services were separate,  you can get between $20 and $30 discount  off your home internet. Hope that helps

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
ShakeelA
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Hi there Henk, just thought i'd add my two cents. Depending on how much calls and data you need/want Telstra now have some pretty competitive BYO offers as well as handset plans. I would suggest browsing the website to see if any offers interest you or popping into your local store as some offers may be below the line and reserved for walk in customers. 

The current BYO range of plans is as follows

$35 = $300 calling allowance + 500MB of data 

$50 = $1000 calling allowance + 2.5 GB of data 

$70 = Unlimited talk time + 6GB of data

All of the above plans also include unlimited SMS/MMS and messagebank

Hope that Helps.

I am a Telstra Staff Member, however all views expressed are my own and in no way endorsed by Telstra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Henk1
Level 1: Cadet

How can I delete this post I put it in the wrong place
Level 20: Director

I think you are under the right heading. If the casual sim / byo plans are anything to go from you should be able to get 500mb of data and $300 of calls for $35. Given you have several services with Telstra they may even give you a discount.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates#

Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Hello Henk,

In addition to what you have already been advised, if you were to enter a new home internet contract with Telstra, and have a total of 3 services,  providing you do not take a bundle, and your other services were separate,  you can get between $20 and $30 discount  off your home internet. Hope that helps

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
ShakeelA
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Hi there Henk, just thought i'd add my two cents. Depending on how much calls and data you need/want Telstra now have some pretty competitive BYO offers as well as handset plans. I would suggest browsing the website to see if any offers interest you or popping into your local store as some offers may be below the line and reserved for walk in customers. 

The current BYO range of plans is as follows

$35 = $300 calling allowance + 500MB of data 

$50 = $1000 calling allowance + 2.5 GB of data 

$70 = Unlimited talk time + 6GB of data

All of the above plans also include unlimited SMS/MMS and messagebank

Hope that Helps.

I am a Telstra Staff Member, however all views expressed are my own and in no way endorsed by Telstra

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now