CrowdSupport®
stillhere
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile upgrade problems

Maybe someone can help me understand this:

Mobile upgrade application for 2 phones on my account. Been with Telstra for 8 years and all of a sudden, credit management decide to withhold my upgrades? I have no additional financial commitments or changes in years. The biggest issue(raised with TIO) is that I was told via 24/7 chat that my application was successful and the order was completely processed. I received an email outlining my plans, cost etc. and was totally convinced in writing that it was all good to go. Yet they again have ceased communication with me and blame credit management for holding back the orders... wtf? I have a written successfully processed order/plan/contract? I have a transcript with order numbers and “Great news”, “congratulations” success implications. What are you doing to me after 8 years of loyalty, 4 devices, nbn and prior successfull upgrades? Any info would be appreciated.

stillhere

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Mobile upgrade problems

On occasion once the order is processed it will be picked up for further ID check but usually that is only on new customers. 

I haven’t come across this before so not sure what the cause would be. Normally I would say lodge a complaint but if you have already lodged with the TIO you will now just need to give it 2-3 weeks for them. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

stillhere

Thanks. Last time I lodged a complaint with the TIO I had a Telstra Case Manager contacting me in less than 48 hours. I’m not being told my order is successfully processed yet it is apparently still in progress? That’s false information, it’s misleading and it’s a written confirmation to be receiving the devices, without additional information to suggest anything otherwise. Next is the local MP if the TIO does not rectify the problem.

Level 23: Superhero

As a result of the Banking and Financial  Royal Commission this year...any company offering financial committment contacts are now governed by the new Responsible Lending Laws.

Telstra has by law to treat every new financial commitment as a New appraisal. Just try to refinance a car ...or personal loan with the same lender... even though you never missed a payment 

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
stillhere

Then they are obligated to inform us of such. To withhold this information and tell you otherwise is irresponsible, unlawful and misleading. There’s moral standards, not just technical ones. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit