CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Online Order Failure

Answered

Hello all,

Hoping someone can help me out here. I currently have a iPhone XR on a plan with Telstra, and today attempted to sign a second up for my son. Used the same account details, drivers license and everything that I used to sign mine up, but later in the day received an email saying the information in the order could not be authenticated and if I wanted to place a new order to proceed to a Telstra Shop. To cut a long story short, due to an injury I'm unable to make it into the shop for the foreseeable future, so I spoke with online support tonight who said I need to go into the store to have my account validated, and they could then place the order in store. There are a couple things I was wondering about this

1: Can my son who is a full billing authorised contact go in on my behalf?

2: Is there anyway around this so we can place the order online as there is a bonus of a certain amount of Telstra Points should we do the order online?

Thank you so much for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Online Order Failure

1. If your son is a full authority then yes, he can do it for you on your behalf. If he is only a limited or billing authority then he wouldn’t be able to do so. 

2. If the online validation process does not go through successfully for any reason, then no, normally there is no way around physical validation of identity which obviously would need to be done in person. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

1. If your son is a full authority then yes, he can do it for you on your behalf. If he is only a limited or billing authority then he wouldn’t be able to do so. 

2. If the online validation process does not go through successfully for any reason, then no, normally there is no way around physical validation of identity which obviously would need to be done in person. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you so much for your reply. 

It's a little strange that the validation did not go through, but I do understand these things happen for many a reason sometimes. As he is an full authorised authority, I'm hoping he can just pop in today on his lunch break with his ID and get this cleared up so we can place a new order online. 

Thanks once more. 

Highlighted

Often it is caused by the validation software not being able to validate. That can because something isn’t a perfect match, or even if the record holder (e.g. licensing authority in your state) are offline at the time. 

hopefully he can get it sorted in store nice and easy though. Smiley Happy 

Helpful Links

Highlighted

Unfortunately it wasn't as simple as him going into the store, as the store told him he couldn't validate the account even though he was a full account holder (he even had my ID and a signed letter after multiple chat / phone reps suggested so)

They did however convince him to sign up there as he was able to do so being a full authority, and they even promised multiple times he would receive the same bonus points for signing up as you would signing up online. So will be interesting to see if they actually come through on the account, but the plus side is no having to wait for the phone to be sent out and delivered now, all in all a good result.

Thank you again for your help regarding the issue though Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit