CrowdSupport®
LTK
Level 1: Cadet

Port in issues

Hi,

I recently signed with Jb Hi-Fi 12 BYO contract with Porting in. 

I was previously with Vodafone, and they sent me a text message saying that they received a port in request.

After which that sim deactivated. The Telstra sim then started working (works as usual).

However, now when I try to set up my account online, I get an error when type my phone number.

Also when tracking the order, it says "in progress" even though port has gone through. I checked with Jb Hi-Fi, and they are saying it is sitting in Telstra End.

Can you explain what the issue is for the order to complete?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Port in issues

If you scroll back here over several weeks, you'll see a series  of different porting and activation issues. As we at Crowd Support are customers like you....we are unable to provide answers for you. JB HiFi are high level Telstra dealers and should be following this through for you as their customer. You may choose to speak to the senior store manager as JB are normally very customer focused. You can....of course follow up with Telstra.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"
LTK
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Port in issues

Thank you professor phone.

I tried to follow up with JB, no luck they tell me to call Telstra, and when I call Telstra, they just keep saying it is been processed without any valid reasoning.

I asked to speak to an expert from Telstra, and no luck as the customer service staff are reluctant to pass the call on. They might be rated on that.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now