CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Porting Number to Telstra

I've had this issue since 19/02

*Attempted to submit my port request to Telstra and have so far been DECLINED 5 times in that request.

*My current provider KOGAN have advised me that my DOB is correct as it appears on their system and also when i log into the self service section on their website.

* The case manager has suggested that "there really isnt anything more they can do" and that i should probably just get a new number

* The whole point of porting is that you get to keep your number, but if Telstra have tried and tried as they claim what more can one do ?

*Has anyone had the same issue with same or other service providers ?

*How difficult is it to submit the request in Siebel anyway ?  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Porting Number to Telstra

You could always try and port your number to Vodafone (on, say a $2 SIM from Coles) and port it back into Telstra with the DOB you supplied to Vodafone?

If you can't port it to Voda, then you know there is an issue with Kogan.

Could also be that Kogan = Telstra Resold that it needs to be put in Scumbel as a Churn, but I haven't worked there for long enough to know.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Porting Number to Telstra

Hey erikryan,

I'd suggest giving our Mobile Portability team a call on 1800631334 to see what may be causing the port over to us.

Let us know how you go after contacting them

Thanks Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit