Highlighted
Matthew4
Level 1: Cadet

Porting and Telstra plan cancellation

Answered

Hi, I'm looking at switching my carrier to amaysim and I'd like to port my phone number. I was wondering if porting my phone number cancels my current Telstra plan or do I have to cancel it manually? I do understand that there is an $8 porting fee.

Thanks-

Matthew4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Porting and Telstra plan cancellation

Porting across will cancel your current plan as the service will no longer exist. Be aware though, if you are still in contract, you will have to pay out any early termination fees and MRO payments.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Porting across will cancel your current plan as the service will no longer exist. Be aware though, if you are still in contract, you will have to pay out any early termination fees and MRO payments.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Matthew4
Level 1: Cadet

Thankyou.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now