CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Pre-order cancellation - PIXEL XL

Hi Guys,

I recently pre-ordered the Pixel XL. The day of the release 20th OCT, I contacted the 24/7 chat to ask for an update and what the shipping date might be.. 

At that time the CSR advised me that the pre-order was an "expression of interest" and it may be two to four weeks before shipping date. 

They then advised me that it may be better to call a local store, check stock availability and if they have it, cancel the pre-order in store. 

I did exactly that.

Problem is that the Telstra store did cancel my pre-order but did not cancel the "warehouse order" to send the now cancelled pre-order to me. 

I now have 2 x Pixel XL phones. One from the Telstra store which I am using and another still in the StarTrack satchel.

All attempts to call or use the 24/7 chat have been unsuccessful in finding out what to do with the 2nd handset.

I don't want or need to pay for two phones.

Please note that the pre-order was cancelled before the ship date from the warehouse. 

Please help me to determine what can I do to resolve this. 

Cheers, 

MK

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Pre-order cancellation - PIXEL XL

Sorry, I should add: how do I return it and ensure I have some kind of reference that it is returned? 

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Good morning, old saying "Two Pixel XL's are better than one" ... Smiley Very Happy

Sorry couldn't help myself there ... seriously what I'd be doing is pop into your local Telstra shop, obviously they have been helpful in arranging your current XL for you, they can advise or make arrangements for the return of the extra unit and also check on their system in your account to ensure that you have or are only being charged for the one unit.

By the way how are you finding the XL, up to expectations?

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted

Hi. Thanks for the reply. 

I'll try this way and see how I go. 

I'm loving the phone. I've always been a bit envious of Apple's hardware and this comes pretty close. 

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Yes the pure android experience and clean and sharp without a whole lot of tissy stuff you probably would never use.

Enjoy.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit