Highlighted
sportsnapper
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid Plus and data tethering

Answered

My wife and I are visting Aus in August, and need phone minutes,  and more importantly data as we're making the trip up as we go along! We're planning to buy a Telstra pre-paid plus sim, with a $40 or $50 dollar recharge.

Does this allow tethering from my mobile? I found a previous thread that said it did ( https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobile-Plans-Rates/Pre-paid-plan-for-vacation/m-p/566817/high... ) but it''s a year old and things may have changed (they do in the UK!) 

And, if that works can I use the Sim in a 4g data stick?

And finally are there any other better options?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid Plus and data tethering

Hi sportsnapper,

Yes, you can tether from your mobile phone with the Prepaid Plus offer. 

$40 recharge gives you 6GB , 3GB anytime data and a bonus 3GB night time data to use 8pm-8am Australian Eastern Standard Time for 28 days. 

$50 recharge gives you 8GB, 4GB anytime data and a bonus 4GB night time data to use 8pm-8am Australian Eastern Standard Time for 28 days. 

The bonus night time data ends on 4th September unless Telstra extends the date.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates#pre-paid-plus

This would be the best Prepaid offer for your needs. 

I'm not sure if you can put the sim into a 4g data stick.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid Plus and data tethering

Hi sportsnapper,

Yes, you can tether from your mobile phone with the Prepaid Plus offer. 

$40 recharge gives you 6GB , 3GB anytime data and a bonus 3GB night time data to use 8pm-8am Australian Eastern Standard Time for 28 days. 

$50 recharge gives you 8GB, 4GB anytime data and a bonus 4GB night time data to use 8pm-8am Australian Eastern Standard Time for 28 days. 

The bonus night time data ends on 4th September unless Telstra extends the date.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates#pre-paid-plus

This would be the best Prepaid offer for your needs. 

I'm not sure if you can put the sim into a 4g data stick.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now