CrowdSupport®
MT249
Level 1: Cadet

Problems getting number ported from one telstra account to another

It's now almost 6 weeks since I created a new personal account and requested the mobile number from a corporate account be transferred.  I had all the right paperwork and authorisations.  Despite repeated calls and visits to Telstra shops, I cannot seem to get any action on this. I'm now onto a second case manager, and the only response I can get is that "they are still working on it".  I heard that they have been having a few issues with a new system lately, but seriously, how can it take 6 weeks to complete a simple number transfer.  I've had colleagues that requested the same thing at the about the same time, have their numbers ported within the hour. If it gets stuck in the system, then surely its a case of someone manually processing it through, so I just feel like its being ignored. This is beyond frustrating.  In this day and age, your mobile number is more than just a number for people to call you on.  Its linked to so many other systems and networks and multi-factor authentications, that not having it can be extremely inconvenient and professionally damaging.  Even something as simple as listing a contact number on a job application becomes a complex issue, as the old number isn't working yet, and the new number could be deactivated at any time if/when the transfer does go through.  What can I do to get this resolved? SR 1-2223669652544

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Problems getting number ported from one telstra account to another

Hi MT249,

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out and for providing your reference number. I can confirm this has indeed been escalated further and there is scheduled contact for you within the next 72hrs. 

While the issue is being worked on, we cannot hasten the completion and trust your case manager will address all concerns prior to the successful resolution of your case.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now