CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Problems with cancellation request for order/upgrade

Good morning

We've been having problems since 7 September 2019 with upgrading one of our handsets. We went to out local store on 7 September 2019 who didn't have any local stock so we decided to do this online instead as the Telstra website indicated that they had stock of the item (there was also a promotion running with this handset until 23 September 2019).

We completed two orders (upgrades) online for both mobile plans on the 7th however the one handsets order was cancelled for some or other reason on the 10th. The other handset showed "back order" and then it was delivered on the 18th. Hubby contacted Telstra Online on the 10th about the other order that was cancelled and they did a new order. This one has been "delayed" ever since and no one can tell us what is going on with that - only saying it's "provisioning". Hubby was told that I'd have the new handset by the 20th - nothing was delivered. Then he was told by the 27th - nothing again!

He contacted Telstra online again on the 27th, they gave him a reference number and told him to go to our local store and pick up a handset from there. Apparently they phoned the store to confirm.They couldn't help us as they're an independent store and they also said that no one phoned them. Turned out that they only did a stock check at the store. We went there on Saturday (28th) and wanted to do the upgrade in store however the consultant wasn't able to do this as we still had the online order. Hubby then contacted Telstra Online again requesting them to cancel the order. He got a confirmation email with a reference number confirming that this order has been cancelled. We went back to the store and it still showed that the online order's still there. Hubby phoned Telstra (13 22 00) and they informed him that it can take up to 24-48 business hours to be finally cancelled. We logged on this morning and tracked the order to only find out that it's still  hasn't been cancelled and still showing as "delayed".

Hubby contacted Telstra Online early this morning and they told him it can take another few days for the cancellation to be processed. Yesterday one of the case managers wanted to cancel my contract and redo a new one instead of cancelling the order.

Why is this taking so long? We're getting very impatient and annoyed with the level of service we're currently getting from Telstra Online. We never had these problems in the past.

1. How is it possible to cancel an order made on the 7th so quickly however it can't be cancelled now?

2. Why is the option of cancelling my current contract/plan there however an online order can't be cancelled so quick?

It''s not as if the order's been processed and the handset dispatched already. This is really frustrating! Our next step will be to contact the Ombudsman if this doesn't go anywhere by the end of today.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Problems with cancellation request for order/upgrade

Good Afternoon ElmoD,

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out in regard to your and your husband's experience. Understanding you were trying to upgrade your devices, it's disappointing to read it has been such a poor venture and do sincerely apologise.

You have stated you are trying to cancel the contract/upgrade, however have been advised that it will take a few days. This is likely due to the order becoming stuck within the system and therefore, causing delays throughout the process and time frame.

I'm keen to follow this up for you, do you happen to have a reference I can follow up?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Renee

The order number is 1-2186569290008.

Thanks for looking into this.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Not a problem at all, I can see this matter has been escalated further and there has been a request made for you to be contacted as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we are working to resolve the issue and ensure the cancellation goes through.

If you are not contacted within the next 24-48hrs, please do let me know. I will follow this up further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit