CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Recontract to eligible contract

Hi,

How can I confirm what an eligible contract is to recontract at a smaller cost. My account says there are two termination charges - one for an eligible contract that is cheaper than the full termination charge. I would like to take up the Unidays plan as my recontract option.

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Recontract to eligible contract

hi mswards
You would need to chat with telstra directly to find out about your options you can do this via the phone on 132200 or you can go into a store or also you can chat with them via
https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:MobileSmiley Very Happyefault
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Recontract to eligible contract

Turns out that this isn't even an option.

Why would Telstra place that on my account if it isn't even available?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Recontract to eligible contract

Hi mswards, 

The recontracting termination charge requires that you recontract to a service at the same or higher monthly spend. 
Regrettably it can't be used to move onto a plan that's cheaper than you existing one. 

If you wanted to move to a plan that costs less per month, the full termination charge would apply sorry.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit