CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
cassie1963
Level 1: Cadet

SIM cards

Answered

my son has not recharged his mobile for about a year, do sim cards expire?what does he need to do to keep the same number

ta

cassie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: SIM cards

For what I've found. (Didn't search to hard) you get 6 months after your last expired credit. New sim will be required.

I'd happy to read if there's anything that's had change?

Cheers,
Dave

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

For what I've found. (Didn't search to hard) you get 6 months after your last expired credit. New sim will be required.

I'd happy to read if there's anything that's had change?

Cheers,
Dave

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Cassie,

Telstra Pre-Paid services have a two stage process before the service is disconnected.

You can recharge your Telstra Pre-Paid service when it is in an Active Status (Stage 1) and Recharge Only Period (stage 2).
At the end of the Recharge Only Period (Stage 2) your service will be disconnected and cannot be reconnected if you do not recharge that service before the end of Recharge Only Period.

The following SMS notifications are sent when you either have your credit expiring or are nearing the end of you Recharge only period:

SMS sent four days before Credit Expiry: 
"Hi, your credit is going to expire in <X> days.   For info on how to recharge and manage your account go to telstra.com/recharge or http://m.telstra.comSMS sent 32 and eight days before the service is disconnected 
"Hi, your service will be disconnected in <X> days.  To keep using this service please recharge.  Info at testra.com/recharge or http://m.telstra.com

If your son recharges prior to above, he will be able to retain the same number Smiley Happy

-Shannon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now