CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Service suspended by control group

Hi Telstra,

Just wondering if there was any plan to provide the service you just billed me for.

I signed up for a Google Pixel phone on day of release.

Last Friday afternoon, your control group called me demanding proof of ID, proof that I owned my house and proof of residence. That happened while I was at the airport preparing to go away for the weekend. When I called your customer service centre, they could not tell me when I needed to submit the documents by, or when my service would be suspended, other than that it could happen 'anytime'.

On Monday afternoon my service got suspended, about 10 minutes after I arrived at the airport.

Tuesday morning I provided all the documents requested. Your store representatives helpfully told me that the control group was separate, and that they could not provide an ETA on restoration of my service. They did however provide a number to call and register a complaint when I asked for it.

Yesterday, I tried calling your control group, but was told they were closed for the day. I called your helpdesk, and was told they could not help me, and that the could not even register a complaint on my behalf for the frankly unprofessional conduct of this control group.

Today, I have tried your 24x7 online support. Aside from using the phrase 'no worries' far too often, your support agent has thus far been able to assure me that someone from control group would definitely follow-up in 3-5 days. They cannot confirm if my documents have even been processed, or crucially, when I would have a working phone service again. That's kind of important to me.

Oh, and I've just had the pleasure of receiving my first bill from you this morning. Glad to see you're very prompt about that.

So, thus far:

• Your customer service in its various forms has been utterly unhelpful
  • Your control group has been unprofessional, unreasonable and frankly rather rude
  • Your billing system at least is prompt
  • Inexplicably, you seem to expect me to pay for a service you are not currently providing to me

So, my question is this: are you out of your bloody mind?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Service suspended by control group

Hi LinCh, 

Sorry to hear of the issues with setting up a new service. It's due to being a new customer without any history with us and you may have placing an order online so we could'nt confirm your ID sorry. After being contacted and asked to provide ID, there was a high chance the service would be suspended as we can't verify the account holder. There should be details advising you when placing an order as a new customer, that some ID will be needed to be seen. Sorry this wasn't the case. I've passed this on so it's a better experience for new customers joining. 

If the services hasn't been restored please call our Credit Management team on 1800 131 190 and we can check on the status of the reactivation. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Seems like nothing has changed, i'm facing the same problem this week...mobile number ported from enterprise to casual mobile accelerate plan and was able to make calls etc. Went online to change to SIM only service which I was able to do all online without any notices of identification required. Shortly after my service was barred and called this "control group" to find they had barred until I provide ID to Telstra shop. Provided the ID to the shop and Telstra agent confirmed the control group had received the paper work/identification...that was over 27 hours ago and is now over 48 hours since the service was barred.

Every time i call the control group I get the same it's processing and we will call you back message or they are closed out of hours.

Not sure why they can't un-bar my service so I can at least use the casual mobile plan until they process the paperwork for the upgraded plan.

Not happy at all.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Jase86,

I am terribly sorry to see that you have been inconvenienced as a result of this Control Group issue. So that I can look into this further for you, do you have a reference number? (Reference numbers we can access are listed at the following link: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/What-Reference-Numbers-can-I-obtain-from-...)

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit