Highlighted
jenbes
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Setting up a Post Paid Account

Answered
I want to buy a phone on a plan. I currently have a pre paid account which I will keep for awhile. I also haves a Telstra home phone. I was told that the **bleep** paid account would be added to my phone bill. Billing period has two weeks till end. Do I need to wait till the next bill period or will the post paid account hand it's own bill cycle? I don't want to pay $60 got ten days garage before the next cycle?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Setting up a Post Paid Account

Billing period has two weeks till end. Do I need to wait till the next bill period or will the post paid account hand it's own bill cycle? I don't want to pay $60 got ten days garage before the next cycle?

If you add a post-paid Telstra Mobile service to your existing billing account (in a Single Bill arrangement), then yes, all services will be billed on the same billing cycle. If you sign up now, then on the next bill you will be charged a pro-rated monthly fee in arrears to cover the two weeks remaining in this bill period, and a full month's monthly plan fee in advance for the next bill period.

If you wait until the next bill period has started, then your first bill after your post-paid Telstra Mobile service is activated will have a pro-rated monthly plan fee in arrears to cover the first four weeks and thereabouts, and a full month's monthly plan fee in advance to cover the following bill period.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Setting up a Post Paid Account

Billing period has two weeks till end. Do I need to wait till the next bill period or will the post paid account hand it's own bill cycle? I don't want to pay $60 got ten days garage before the next cycle?

If you add a post-paid Telstra Mobile service to your existing billing account (in a Single Bill arrangement), then yes, all services will be billed on the same billing cycle. If you sign up now, then on the next bill you will be charged a pro-rated monthly fee in arrears to cover the two weeks remaining in this bill period, and a full month's monthly plan fee in advance for the next bill period.

If you wait until the next bill period has started, then your first bill after your post-paid Telstra Mobile service is activated will have a pro-rated monthly plan fee in arrears to cover the first four weeks and thereabouts, and a full month's monthly plan fee in advance to cover the following bill period.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now