CrowdSupport®
Sassy_b78
Level 1: Cadet

Stay Connected

I recently contacted my local Telstra store to get a quote to fix a crack in the screen of my Galaxy note 10 which is supposed to be covered under Stay Connected. I was told that the sales rep had made a mistake and hadn't added stay connected to my contact even though I had requested it and as it can't be added at a later date there was nothing they could do. I contacted the ombudsmen to make a complaint and was contacted by a case manager to say they still couldn't add insurance but were willing to pay for the repair to be carried out by a third party .

Whilst I appreciate the gesture it still leaves me on a 2 year contract without insurance. I'm very frustrated that nothing can be done when I was not given the cover I had requested and the rep has admitted fault.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Stay Connected

You can get insurance cover for mobile devices through insurance companies (mine's through RACV).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Sassy_b78
Level 1: Cadet

I did consider that as an option but the excess is $400  compared to $50ish with stay connected 

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

I'm surprised at this situation. I believe if you had first written to  the CEO of Telstra...you possibly would have been dealt with more to your satisfaction. Belatedly... you could write now... as you seemingly have nothing to lose.

https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now