Tezza23
Level 2: Rookie

Stay Connected

Hey
So purchased stay connected when I signed up to Telstra! Was never informed by the sales person about colour choice if you made a claim! Made a claim and was sent a rose gold handset instead of the space grey! Rang through to Telstra and was informed that there is no colour choice I could find that information anywhere on the paperwork and or on Telstra’s website, one of the consultants sent me a text with the link, which didn’t work on my iPhone I had to get my laptop out to view it, this has now been escalated within Telstra and am still waiting for the team lead of that area to contact me!
When I rang the stay connected team to make the claim I was never informed of there being no choice of colour, even when I signed up the critical information sheet for stay connected has nothing regarding colour availability. The last consultant I spoke gave me no choice but to accept the rose gold colour with no fee, I questioned her in regards to a new handset being sent instead of a refurbished iPhone and or giving me the upgraded model, her response was stay connected can’t send a new handset and put words in my mouth saying I demanded the upgraded iPhone. I was promised a call back from the team lead and it’s 2 days and not a peep from Telstra.
Very disappointed in the process and paying for stay connected and not being able to use the handset.
Anyone else had issues with stay connected and colour choice?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Stay Connected

Hi @Tezza23

It is not good to read of the poor experience you have had with your StayConnected redemption, I apologise for any frustration or inconvenience caused.

You have mentioned the matter has been escalated for further investigation. Were you provided with a reference number that begins with SR?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Tezza23

Hi Dani,

I was provided the SR # today on one of my 3 calls to talk to the team lead of the department. On Tuesday 27/11/2018 the case manger informed me that I would be getting a call the following day from her team leader! On Wednesday 28/11/2018 the case manger rang me and told me her team lead was to busy to talk to me and would be calling me the following day Thursday 29/11/2018. Well today is Friday and no phone call, I have spent many hours on the phone with Telstra trying to rectify this!
On the last call this afternoon (1800029141) I was told yet I would have to wait 24-48 hours to get a call back from somebody WTF?!???!
This has gone on for far too long, I have been trying to rectify this since 16/11/2018! Today I had to use the handset provided by stay Connected as my iPhone with the broken screen gave up and wouldn’t charge and I realised that the Telstra lite phone that i purchased didn’t work properly due to having iMessage activated on the dead iPhone.
Wow I feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown with all the calls to Telstra and the constant repeating of my complaint.
Here is the SR-1-1784592248481
Hopefully you can assist!
Cheers
Tezza23

Oh I just got this text
Hi from Telstra, one of our supervisors will be able to call you on Monday 03/12 in reference to SR 1-1784592248481. Thanks
I won’t be holding my breath! This call has been coming since the 28/11/2018!! Maybe I should say I am too busy to talk to them LOL
What’s the bet they call during business hours when I can’t answer my phone like the previous times! Notes on your account or issues don’t get read !
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply @Tezza23

I have emailed your case manager requesting your complaint be reviewed and contact made to discuss further. I assume this is why you received the text.

Please don't hesitate to let us know how you go, or contact us about any other matter.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Tezza23

Thanks Dani
As I said earlier I won’t be holding my breath!
Hopefully I can get my iPhone space grey 128 and return the rose gold one!
Or as a good gesture from Telstra give me the upgrade model
ROFL
Have a great weekend I will let you know the outcome
Tezza23

Hi Dani

Hope you had a nice weekend 😀
Lucky I wasn’t holding my breath in regards to the call today from my case manager or anyone from Telstra as I would be dead😵
As per the text I received on Friday evening I am still waiting for that call and it’s 9:00pm Monday!
I can not express how annoyed, angry, frustrated and other things but I will be kind enough not to express them here.
This is beyond a joke!
Seeing that my case manager and her team lead don’t take my complaint and time ( the numerous calls you can probably see that on my account and waiting for their call today) seriously, I think my next step is to take this to the TIO!!!
Unless someone compitant that can pick up a phone to call me to rectify this issue, that has been ongoing since the 16 November 2018 ( when the package was sent to me, which I open and gasped as it was rose gold).
Hopefully you can assist me or get someone who can help to resolve this before that next step!
Thank you and I look forward to your response
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Tezza23

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been contacted yet.

While you can expect contact as soon as possible, it does usually occur within 2 business days when we request contact on your behalf. 

If for some reason contact does not occur by close of business tomorrow, please let us know here. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Tezza23

Hi Shannon
I have been waiting for this call since the 28th as previous stated in my posts!
I also received a text on Friday evening
Copy of the text below
Hi from Telstra, one of our supervisors will be able to call you on Monday 03/12 in reference to SR 1-1784592248481. Thanks
This is becoming more and more frustrating by the minute
Cheers
Support Team
Support Team

I understand @Tezza23 & I can see that @Dani39 followed this up for you on Friday. 

Certainly not my intention to cause concern & I hope my response has clarified when to expect contact after we've followed up on your behalf.

If contact isn't made by when I have advised in my previous response, please let me know. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Tezza23

So why send me a text message saying that one of the supervisors will be able to contact me on Monday 3/12? Maybe they meant year 2022!
If there is 2 business days for a call back why didn’t I get one 2 days after I was told that the team lead of complaints was to busy to speak to me and would call me the following day Thursday 29/12/18?
I have spent enough time, effort, and energy chasing this up!
As stated in my previous message if I don’t get someone compitant to call me my next step will be the TIO!
Not being rude or disrespectful but as previously stated this has been going on now since 16/11/2018!
Thanks
Support Team
Support Team

I hear you @Tezza23 & while contact should be expected asap, it does happen within the time frame I have mentioned when we follow up on your behalf via this medium. 

If you prefer to go to a third party, you're more than welcome to do this however being you have an open complaint, I'm confident that the case manager will be aiming to sort this out for you as quickly as they can. 

Please let me know how you go & if for some reason contact isn't made by close of business tomorrow, we're available here 24x7 & happy to follow up with them on your behalf. 

Tezza23

Evening Shannon and Dani

Another day has passed with no call from my case manager and or her team lead!
Bitterly disappointed!
This has left a very sour taste for me. I am out of contact and with the service or lack of I will be thinking twice about signing up a new mobile contract I was also looking for a nbn provider!
Obviously neither of them are going to call me regarding my open case!
Can this now be escalated to someone higher up as I don’t think I am ever going to get a call to get this resolved!
Again I have to wait for the timeframe for someone else to call me!
Telstra is quick enough to block, bar and charge customers a late fee! But can’t meet their KPI’s regarding call back times! Maybe I should start documenting the hours I have spent chasing this up with Telstra and the frustration it has caused me and actually demand the higher iPhone as compensation ( seeing that the case manger said that I demanded the upgraded model! I said to her it was just a suggestion! I didn’t demand anything!)
If I don’t get a call by the COB Friday 7th of December 2018, I will be lodging a complaint against Telstra through the TIO on Monday!
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting us know @Tezza23

I can see some correspondence that contact should be occurring within the next 2 business days however I'll be following up on your behalf again either way. 

You're more than welcome to go to a third party if you prefer & if for some reason contact hasn't occurred by close of business Thursday, please let me know. 

Want a Big Gigaboost?

Get a Massive 10GB Bonus on Select Lease Plans.

Find out more