CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MelM17
Level 1: Cadet

Stay connected cancelled

Answered

Why when transferring plans after phone repayment finished can't you continue to get 'stay connected '?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Takadiurga
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Stay connected cancelled

Hi Mel,

I believe it's because the StayConnected is linked to the plan that you have. So if you change the plan to a new phone. StayConnected can only apply to the new device. This is because StayConnected is not a standalone service that we provide. It is a complementary option with the plan. So if you were looking to keep StayConnected on that device, you will need to keep paying the plan it is attached to.

Otherwise, you may need to look at a third party option such as your home and contents insurance provider.

Hope that helped!
Taka
Telstra Customer Advisor

I am a Telstra Employee but volunteer on this forum in my own spare time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent Telstra's policies or values.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Takadiurga

Hi MelM17,

What plan are you transferring from? Are you looking to get StayConnected on a new device, or on the all ready existing device that has now been paid off?

Regards,
Taka

I am a Telstra Employee but volunteer on this forum in my own spare time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent Telstra's policies or values.
MelM17

Hi Taka,

The plan was Telstra $60 everyday with mobile repayment & I want stay connected with the phone that I just paid off.

Takadiurga
Accepted Solution

Hi Mel,

I believe it's because the StayConnected is linked to the plan that you have. So if you change the plan to a new phone. StayConnected can only apply to the new device. This is because StayConnected is not a standalone service that we provide. It is a complementary option with the plan. So if you were looking to keep StayConnected on that device, you will need to keep paying the plan it is attached to.

Otherwise, you may need to look at a third party option such as your home and contents insurance provider.

Hope that helped!
Taka
Telstra Customer Advisor

MelM17

Ok I don't fully understand but thanks for explanation

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now