Highlighted
AliJo
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Message Bank Missing?

Answered

For some reason I am suddenly getting all my missed phone calls via message text.  I tried to dial into message bank (as txt notifications are often garbled rubbish) and I can't connect to 101.  It says the number I have called is not available from this service.  Have Telstra cancelled message bank for prepaids? How do I get this service back again asap?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
the_ph0n3r
Level 10: Junior Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Message Bank Missing?

Hi @AliJo

Thanks for using Crowdsupport, Telstra hasn't cancelled message bank for prepaids, but it sounds like a settings issue on the Telstra back-end system. I would suggest calling 13 22 00 and say 'mobile' or visiting your nearest Telstra Store.

They should have no problem in helping you. Hope this helps
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found a then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance please remember to click on the

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Al, somethings not right there, no message bank for any mobiles hasn't been cancelled.

Try first up trying to get into message bank by just pressing the 1 key on your mobile rather than 101and if that's successful follow the prompts.

If that doesn't work you'll need to seek outside assistance by calling 125 111 

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
the_ph0n3r
Accepted Solution

Hi @AliJo

Thanks for using Crowdsupport, Telstra hasn't cancelled message bank for prepaids, but it sounds like a settings issue on the Telstra back-end system. I would suggest calling 13 22 00 and say 'mobile' or visiting your nearest Telstra Store.

They should have no problem in helping you. Hope this helps
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AliJo

Hi Jeff, I tried dialling '1' and it come through with 'unknown application'.   I was wondering if they had cancelled it for cheap prepaids!  Smiley Wink

No mate, it's still functioning, sometimes with some handsets a long press of the 1 button gets you through.

You'll need to follow this up with Telstra assistance at either 125.111 or 13 22 00 You could also try Telstra Live Chat at the following link and select prepaid: https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Help:Consumer

I agree with you about the garble you get with txt messages, shocking.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

AliJo

Thank you - I called the 13 number so hopeully it is now fixed and I am back to message bank.  Pitty there isn't a solution where I can have message bank and texts as required

No worries, let's hope it's all Aok now. I think you'd end up in a bit of a mess though deciding when you wanted straight message bank and txt message bank.

Signature.gif

the_ph0n3r

No problems, thats what Crowdsupport is here for. Give it a try and let us know how you get on

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now