CrowdSupport®
Renee9
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Mobile Protect Not Working

Answered
Allowed and blocked Activity and calls displaying 0 for Telstra mobile protect. Saying No results please try a broader field and search again
Bophuy
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Mobile Protect Not Working

Hi @FastEd@Renee9 and @GullyTim,

There is currently a technical issue with the part of the functionality where customers would normally be able to view activity reports for black listed and white listed numbers and incoming call activity.  It will appear as Zero activity when there might have been.

- Key features still work such as add new service, modify policy, number blocking functionality and have not been impacted

- All existing policy, current blacklisting and whitelisting setup still functions with no impact.

This issue is currently being worked through and we are doing our best to resolve this as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi @robjcut ,

Apologise for the ongoing issue. Ongoing work to resolve is still being worked on, with a solution still a still few weeks away, due to the complexity of the issue. 

I will update in the interim if new information is provided. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Emma.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
76 REPLIES 76
FastEd
Level 3: Gumshoe

I’ve got the same issue on multiple iOS devices and it’s only started being an issue in the last week.

I tried multiple times via chat and calls to report the issue but no one appears to know what Mobile Protect is.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Renee9 & @FastEd

Sorry to read about your ongoing Telstra Mobile Protect issues. 

The mobile faults team on 125 111 (available 24x7) are the best team to assist in this case. Although you have tried them in the past, if you speak with a consultant who has no knowledge of the product, please ask them to escalate the call.

I hope that helps however please do reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

FastEd

Hi Jimmy,

I tried what you said and called the number but was redirected back to chat.

1.5hrs later a trouble ticket has now been lodged.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks @FastEd for taking the time to speak with faults and I sincerely hope the trouble ticket brings about a favourable outcome.

Please do keep us posted and let us know if you have any other questions.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

GullyTim

Hmm, ticket may have been lodged, but 4 days later I'm still seeing exactly the same. 

If I extend the search window back to January 1, where I know there has previously been data, I get "No results found. Please try a broader filter and search again.". Is there a resolution date ? I'm kind of concerned that it may not be filtering either.

Renee9

Yes, this is the same for me too! Just want an answer to know that yes ‘they know there is an issue’ and it is getting worked on.
Bophuy
Renee9

Any luck yet?
Bophuy
FastEd

No, no luck yet.

I spoke with one of the “technical experts” yesterday after lunch and I knew more about Telstra Mobile Protect than they did. I’m still waiting for my call back that was promised for late yesterday afternoon.
GullyTim

Hi, Tried the phone today that is supposedly protected. Outside allowed hours and youtube videos stream without an issue. Seems that not only is it not reporting, it's not actually working.
FastEd

If the protected phone was in range of your home wi-fi network, mobile protect restrictions don’t actually work.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi, further information relating to Telstra Mobile Protect can be found at https://tel.st/va3gs however, were you contacted as promised and was this reported with our Mobile Support Team?

FastEd

@MammaB,

My trouble ticket reference number is
TT1-1911508494632.

As a customer, I have zero visibility over who this is currently assigned to or if my issue was accurately recorded.

I’m still waiting for a call back - they were calling a different mobile number attached to my account rather than the mobile number I gave to identity myself.
FastEd

I know that phone call restrictions are working at least if Internet restrictions aren’t.

A call was attempted to be placed during blackout period and a recorded message was delivered.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi FastEd, I can see that your trouble ticket is still active with our network team, I would expect that they will have an answer as to what is happening this week, let us know the outcome after speaking with them.

Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi @FastEd@Renee9 and @GullyTim,

There is currently a technical issue with the part of the functionality where customers would normally be able to view activity reports for black listed and white listed numbers and incoming call activity.  It will appear as Zero activity when there might have been.

- Key features still work such as add new service, modify policy, number blocking functionality and have not been impacted

- All existing policy, current blacklisting and whitelisting setup still functions with no impact.

This issue is currently being worked through and we are doing our best to resolve this as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

renee241
Level 1: Cadet

Any updates on this?  Mine is still not working and displays '0' on my activity logs.

FastEd

Mine was working again briefly but has since stopped. I’m unable to log a new trouble ticket.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Renee,

Sorry to hear this is ongoing. If this is not resolved, please call our Mobile Assurance team on 13 22 00 then say "Faults" and we can check on the connection issues.  You can also chat to us here https://tel.st/cd5t4

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Renee9

Still nothing
Bophuy
Community Manager

Hi @renee241,
We are still working through this issue and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Emma.
hjfhjsfgadf

So I have set up the mobile protect feature to block mobile data 24/7 on one of my child's devices. I have roughly 14 days left on the billing cycle and due to the fault that telstra has not rectified, I'll be given a top up data pack before the next cycle without my consent as she has used roughly 23GB with the feature turned on !! . Ultimately this will incur extra charges which is out of my control.
Please do NOT give me a data pack unless it's FREE and do NOT allow mobile data to go into excess....
Happy to chat with Telstra Rep
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for coming through, hjfhjsfgadf. Do you have an open complaint about this issue at all? If so, do you have the 'SR' reference number handy? - Matthew.

girl7

When will this be resolved ?
girl7

When will this issues be resolved
GullyTim

Hi, I spoke to a consultant on chat on Sunday.
Ref number was : 1-1951810957029.
They assured me that my problem was that I was set up as "business" and that they had fixed it for me, and that it would now be working correctly.

Current settings

Block internet access
Set times you want to block all access to the internet from your phone.
For example, you can block internet access for your child during homework time.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 06:00PM - 07:00PM Remove
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12:00AM - 07:00AM Remove
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 08:00PM - MIDNIGHT Remove

So, I'm sitting here right now at 9:00 PM, streaming youtube on the phone. Yes WIFI is turned off, so the traffic is going over the mobile network.

Also, though I know the service has been used multiple times, the status says that there has been nothing allowed or blocked on this service.

Activity
In the last 7 days
0 Allowed calls and messages View
0 Blocked calls and messages View

Activity
In the last 7 days
0 Allowed site visits View
0 Blocked site visits View

How many reports does it take to get this looked at ?

FastEd

Don’t believe it for a second.

The reporting for Telstra Mobile Protect is badly broken and it seems like nothing significant from a customer perspective is actually being done to fix the problem.

I have given up altogether now
Community Manager

Hi @girl17,

At this stage I know the relevant team is still working on a solution. However, I have just gone back to the relevant team to ask for another update.

I will come back with an update as soon as I can.

Thank you for your understanding.

Emma.
GullyTim

Hi,

Another week has passed. Has there been an update ?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi GullyTim, I have reached out again to the relevant department for an update however, I have not received any updates as yet. I have noticed that some people that had been having this issue have started to see activities so this would hopefully suggest that a fix is almost complete.

FastEd

Promising that data might be being reported for some. Mine did work briefly and stopped again after originally reporting the issue back in January. Really disappointed in the amount of time that this has been offline.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I absolutely understand that FastEd, I'm hoping to get an update ASAP.

Felix72

I have this ongoing issue over two months  and it seems like no one know whats going on

Felix72

Activity
In the last 7 days
0 Allowed calls and messages View
0 Blocked calls and messages View
Activity
In the last 7 days
0 Allowed site visits View
0 Blocked site visits View
This is an ongoing issue with Telstra since February! The amount of poeple i have spoked its ridicules and no one knows whats going on and now im getting charged extra for data usage ? Im sorry but i dont recall authorising Telstra to do that . I feel as if im being ripped off and unable to see where my data is gone to and how on earth i have gone over 20GB now when just over a two months i was on a 10GB plan and never went over! Telstra need to act now and fast to resolved this issue or ill be taking it further .
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Felix72,

I recommend lodging a complaint via this link https://tel.st/mqtrh where a case manager will be assigned and will be in contact with you directly to discuss a solution further.

renee241

Are there seriously STILL no updates on this? I have lodged a complaint and haven't heard anything back.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey renee241, thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear you have not heard back, what was your complaint reference number? If you could please provide this we will contact your case manager to follow up with you.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Renee9

Sorry I can’t remember it’s been that long. Really disappointed with the lack of communication. You should be contacting me with progress. I shouldn’t have to keep following it up or looking for case numbers that mean nothing.
Bophuy
Support Team
Support Team

I can appreciate that for sure Renee9. If you can find that complaint reference number beginning with SR, we can get this followed up on.

robjcut

As I have been having the same problem since February, I would like to know when I may expect this issue to be fixed, give it is around two months ago it stopped working.

Robert

Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi @robjcut ,

Apologise for the ongoing issue. Ongoing work to resolve is still being worked on, with a solution still a still few weeks away, due to the complexity of the issue. 

I will update in the interim if new information is provided. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Emma.

GullyTim

Hi Emma, Still reporting zeroes for me. How is this an "Accepted Solution" as the previous post is now tagged ? .
Renee9

How many more weeks now?
Bophuy
GullyTim

Though I'm not sure why we should have to submit a complaint about an issue that we have been told here is a known fault, I have submitted SR 1-2024946763118
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks @GullyTim,

I've asked for this to be addressed by our complaints team as a matter of priority.

TL13

The Telstra Mobile Protect feature seems to be an adhoc thing. I've had it setup for internet restriction except for 3 specific hours everyday and my son is still able to use mobile data continuously throughout the day.

In additional - there's noting being reported in the activity log.

When will the feature start to work??
Support Team
Support Team

Hi TL13,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you have Telstra Mobile Protect on your mobile, of which you are finding is not restricting access as you may have set it. 

We do have a support page available via https://tel.st/n9xy7, however, if you continue to experience trouble in setting the restrictions, I recommend contacting our mobile tech team via live chat.

Let me know how you go.

bmanfield

I am having ongoing issues. The only reason I switched my son's mobile back to Telstra was for mobile protect.
Contacting support via live chat or over the phone is a waste of time. The ask me to put the SIM in another phone and advise they dont have amobile protect specialist I can tlak to.
Cheers
Ben
Support Team
Support Team

Ok, if you have called and chatted to no avail and wished to have this escalated submit a complaint online here https://tel.st/5djr8 and reply to me with the reference number. I will use it to contact complaints and have a case manager assigned to follow this up with you ASAP.  

Thank you.

- Ryan  

bmanfield

SR 1-2059858160889

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now