Andy509
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra cancelling orders

How do we deal with this?

Ordered two Samsung S8 on 20/12 on line (Philippines) and told 5 working days

Hadn't arrived in ten days

Rang and told they were on back order

Five days later rang again and spoke to a Melbourne Telstra person  who said the order had been cancelled in the Philippines but I could go to Indooroopilly and pick up the two phones and to make sure I (husband) took a letter of authority from my wife as she was the name on the account.  Indooroopilly refused service and wouldn't accept the letter of authority

Went with my wife to Mt Ommaney to pick up the phones.  Philippines refused to allow that to happen with the Mt Ommaney salesperson on the phone to Philippines for an hour.  Philippines said they would be back in touch.  They never did. Lodged a complaint with Telstra.  Contacted by another Philippines person from complaints who said our order was cancelled and offered a vastly inferior plan as an alternative.  He said he would contact Mt Ommaney to arrange pickup.  Guess what Mt Ommaney never received any contact from him

What are our recourse's?

Can Telstra unilaterally cancel an order?

Is it acceptable for numerous employees to promise an action and then fail to follow through?

We are time poor individuals who live two hours from a Telstra shop

We feel as though the whole exercise by Telstra is to wear us down so we disappear

At the very least this is a breach of contract and possibly criminal fraud. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra cancelling orders

HI Andy509,

I'm sorry to hear of the delay to receive your phone. Have you been in touch with your case manager since last speaking with our store in Mt Ommaney? If you would like, I can email your case manager to contact you and follow this up further if you can provide the complaint reference number?

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Andy509

Yes we have a complaint number

The issue is this:

We ordered 2 x S8 with $59 plan and 15g of data

After 3 weeks we are told the order is cancelled and we can now only get $59 with 2g of data.

When I explained that this was an inferior offer to the original contract we were then offered an extra 8g and pick up the phones from Mt Omanney 

We are a two hour drive from Mt Omanney so can we trust that we will get what we need when we go to the shop.or will it be another day wasted.

This is his email

Good day. You can sign up to the Small plan My business mobile plan to Telstra Store in Mt. Ommaney anytime since the handset is available.

I have attached the Critical Information about the plan that we have discussed ( My Business Mobile Plan $59)

-          We have an agreement that you’ll be paying $59.00 only including the Samsung Galaxy S8  for  a 24 months contract.

-          We have agreed that you’ll be getting an additional 8GB of data with this plan making it 10GB of data allowance every month.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Andy509,

Regrettably you forgot to include the complaint reference number beginning with SR so we could get in touch with the case manager.

-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Andy509

Complaint Case: SR 1-1373194286424
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you for that Andy509. I've sent an email to your complaints case manager, asking you be contacted. You are welcome to get back in touch with the case manager via contact details you have been provided by the case manager anytime you wish.

-Ern

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now