qwilo
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra id

Answered
My son has a Telstra id registered to a different phone account. How can he change it to the new account?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra id

A Telstra store is not going to help in this case.

There's two options from here:

1. If he doesn't need to actually have it unlinked from the original phone account, He should be able to link his ID to the new account as well in account settings if he logs in on the Telstra website. There should be an add/link account button there.

2. If it does need to be completely de-registered from the original phone account, the only team I'm aware of who can do this is the 24x7 myaccount livechat team. Once this is done, if he logs in with it on the Telstra website it will have a welcome screen with an add account button
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @qwilo,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about this issue, I can understand your frustration.

How did you end up going with this one?

Please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

qwilo
Level 3: Gumshoe

It appears to have been put in the to hard basket.
He has since been told after NUMEROUS conversations and transfers between departments that the easiest way to do it is simply cancel the Id and make another, but has to go instore to do it.
Accepted Solution

A Telstra store is not going to help in this case.

There's two options from here:

1. If he doesn't need to actually have it unlinked from the original phone account, He should be able to link his ID to the new account as well in account settings if he logs in on the Telstra website. There should be an add/link account button there.

2. If it does need to be completely de-registered from the original phone account, the only team I'm aware of who can do this is the 24x7 myaccount livechat team. Once this is done, if he logs in with it on the Telstra website it will have a welcome screen with an add account button
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now