Highlighted
coasties2009
Level 1: Cadet

Tethering

Answered

Does anyone know if Telstra supports Tethering. What is the downside of Tethering.

Coasties2009  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Boggles
Level 15: Special Agent
Accepted Solution

Re: Tethering

1. Yes Telstra supports tethering but it depends on your handset capabilities.

2. Data usage may increase.

😃

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Boggles
Accepted Solution

1. Yes Telstra supports tethering but it depends on your handset capabilities.

2. Data usage may increase.

😃

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.
coasties2009
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for your reply.

My phone supports Tethering and I am on a 8gig plan data plan with my mobile.

Should be enough to cover my tethering each month.

What are your thoughts.

Coasties2009

Boggles

I only have 2.5GB and I tether my surface tablet on it all day and I use it a fair bit. I never have any troubles. I do not download big files on the mobile, I wait until I get home on WIFI.

Depends on your habits (streaming music or videos will chew through your data)

😉

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now