Highlighted
sparkle6856
Level 2: Rookie

Upgrade Plan from $59 Business Freedom Connect

Answered

Hi,

I am currently on a $59 Business Freedom cap plan with 17mths remaining.  I changed over from Optus initially as I was having connection issues and had to pay $700 to terminate the contract.  With their cap plan of $59 I was never anywhere near the spend limit.  On telstras plan I am constantly having to watch my spend and am now going over substantially each month.  I have rang through twice to try to upgrade my plan to the $79 and have now been told that because of the way my initial plan was set up (subsidised??) that I cannot upgrade.  Instead I would have to pay $1030 to terminate this contract just so that I can go on a higher plan, starting to feel that I am being totally stuffed whichever way I look at it.  What can be done realistically????????????

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sparkle6856
Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrade Plan from $59 Business Freedom Connect

Thank you so much for all our help. I contacted live chat and couldn't believe the lady changed it over for me within 2 seconds and said definitely that there would be no fee charged. So much easier than phoning and getting the run around, Yay, very happy.. (let's hope the next bill has no extra charge though)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 22: Superhuman

I am currently on a $59 Business Freedom cap plan with 17mths remaining.

Are you certain that is not a Freedom Connect plan, which is a consumer plan?

I have rang through twice to try to upgrade my plan to the $79 and have now been told that because of the way my initial plan was set up (subsidised??) that I cannot upgrade.

If it is a Freedom Connect plan, then section 8.29 of Part B – Our Current Consumer Pricing Plans in the Telstra Mobile section of Our Customer Terms states,

ChangeTerms
If you move to a Freedom Connect Plan with a higher minimum monthly spendYou will not need to restart your minimum term. In the month that you change your plan, your call rates, included calls and monthly spend will be adjusted on a pro-rata basis to reflect your new plan and you will receive the full amount of your new monthly data allowance. Your MRO Bonus (if applicable) will not increase

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
sparkle6856

Sorry, have just looked on my bill and it says Business Maximiser Plan $59, plus handset fee of $4

Thanks

Level 22: Superhuman

Business Maximiser Plan $59, plus handset fee of $4

Section 5.36 of Part B – Our Current and Recent Business Pricing Plans in the Telstra Mobile section of Our Customer Terms states,

ChangeTerms
If you move from a Maximiser MRO Plan to another Maximiser MRO Plan with a higher monthly spendYou do not need to restart your minimum term or pay an early termination charge.

Your call rates and monthly allowances will be adjusted on a pro-rata basis to reflect your new plan.

The amount of your MRO Bonus will remain the same.
so you should not have to terminate the contract and pay out the MRO debt for the handset without the benefit of the MRO Bonus and incur early termination charges, based on my reading of the above.
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
sparkle6856

When I spoke to them they said it looks like I am on a $59 Business Maximiser with $4 handset repayment that I pay ea month, but they said the plan looks to be a subsidised one, not MRO?? (Keeping this in mind, the 1st lady I spoke to when I rang there told me I could upgrade with no fee, but would not be able to downgrade again after that if I ever wanted without paying out big fees first). Just really frustrates me that they cant seem to get it straight and I can't even upgrade without this $1030 fee.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@sparkle6856 wrote:

When I spoke to them they said it looks like I am on a $59 Business Maximiser with $4 handset repayment that I pay ea month, but they said the plan looks to be a subsidised one, not MRO?? (Keeping this in mind, the 1st lady I spoke to when I rang there told me I could upgrade with no fee, but would not be able to downgrade again after that if I ever wanted without paying out big fees first). Just really frustrates me that they cant seem to get it straight and I can't even upgrade without this $1030 fee.

I would refer the Business  Consultant to the T&Cs mentioned above in the Customer Terms.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

sparkle6856
Accepted Solution

Thank you so much for all our help. I contacted live chat and couldn't believe the lady changed it over for me within 2 seconds and said definitely that there would be no fee charged. So much easier than phoning and getting the run around, Yay, very happy.. (let's hope the next bill has no extra charge though)

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now