CrowdSupport®
Jonlo_
Level 2: Rookie

Upgrading to New Month to Month Telstra Plan

Answered

Hi,

I’m currently with Telstra on a $79 Mobile Plan + iPhone device contract that ends 24th December 2020. The current outstanding payout of the device is around $1170.

If I upgrade to a new Telstra month to month Medium plan + iPhone 11 Pro now, will I need to pay the device payout price as well as the rest of the $79 plan amount? 

OR will I only need to pay out the remaining amount of the device ($1170) and start the new plan with the new phone? 

Thanks,

Jonathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StrayaM8
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrading to New Month to Month Telstra Plan

Just need to pay the remaining value of your handset.

For home internet and mobile services, Telstra does not charge to move from an out of market, still in contract plan to a new in market casual plan

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi Jonathan,

I'm guessing that you'd have to pay the remainder of $79/month contract also.

You can find the correct answer by contacting Telstra's Disconnection's team on 132200. Say "Disconnection" as the reason for your call to the automated lady when you ring.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
StrayaM8
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

Just need to pay the remaining value of your handset.

For home internet and mobile services, Telstra does not charge to move from an out of market, still in contract plan to a new in market casual plan

Jonlo_
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the response guys! 

Ended up being able to upgrade to a new phone with the new month to month plan without paying out the plan. Only have to just pay out the device payout now.

Cheers!

Highlighted

@Jonlo_ , thanks for letting us know how you got on.Smiley Happy

This will help customer's in the future if they're in the same situation as you wereSmiley Wink

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now