Highlighted
Adam___
Level 1: Cadet

Why is the SIM Card size different?

Answered

I recently brought my wife a new Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 hone outright. We went to change the SIM card fromher current phone to the new phone and the SIM card does not fit. The new Galaxy Ace 3 has a SIM card slot that is slightly smaller than her hold phone.

What do we need to get the SIM card to fit the new phone?  She is on a post paid service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidWils
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Why is the SIM Card size different?

Just go to a Telstra store and they will give you a new sim card that will fit your new phone it should be a nano sim card. They will transfer your number over to the new sim it takes about 30 seconds in the store just give they your number and your name and they will give you a new sim which will have your number on it. You can put your new sim in your phone and it will take about 20 min before your sim becomes activated and you will be able to use it. It is also a free service.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DavidWils
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Just go to a Telstra store and they will give you a new sim card that will fit your new phone it should be a nano sim card. They will transfer your number over to the new sim it takes about 30 seconds in the store just give they your number and your name and they will give you a new sim which will have your number on it. You can put your new sim in your phone and it will take about 20 min before your sim becomes activated and you will be able to use it. It is also a free service.

Exile
Level 1: Cadet

@DavidWils wrote:

That would be great if it actually happened. I tried it twice at Werribee Telstra and both times they insisted that I had to just take the new sim and phone Telstra for activation. (ever tried calling Telstra?) I went back to the shop and they said no (I felt like a ball at the AUS Open Tennis). They tried to make the same excuse they used a few monthe ago - "Our system is down".

DO NOT believe anything Telstra tells you.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now