CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Won’t Honour Contracts

Waste hours on phone signing up for advertised BYO mobile plan. Then first bill arrives much higher than contracted rates. Waste more hours then have to raise complaint only weeks later to be told by complaints person no such rate exists yet I kept copies of the advertisement because I know you cannot trust Telstra. Then go to Ombudsman & weeks later only Telstra contact is second bill with higher charges. If I’m 1 day late paying my bill Telstra slugs me $15 yet they overcharge & weeks on haven’t refunded or shown a credit so I will never trust Telstra to direct debit. Unfortunately work in regional Victoria where only Telstra has mobile coverage so have no choice but to be subjected to this monopolistic abuse.

Will only accept honesty, integrity and ethical behaviour from corporates and individuals.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Won’t Honour Contracts

Has the TIO been back in contact with you either? The complaint may not have been actioned by them either if not (in which case Telstra won't know about the TIO complaint)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Won’t Honour Contracts

Yes, TIO has contacted Telstra & myself. Telstra only Contacted me once, more than a week ago, because the TIO contacted them but they provided no information & no timeline & I have heard nothing since despite sending them 3 emails.

Will only accept honesty, integrity and ethical behaviour from corporates and individuals.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit