CrowdSupport®
Raels1910
Level 1: Cadet

change to mobile plans

A friend has received an email in relation to the  change from $40 plan to $50 plan and the only options they now have is to change to $50 plan or cancel the plan they have. As they are on a tight budget I am wanting to know how Telstra can do this and if it is legal to force them to change and increase when they don't either want or need to? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: change to mobile plans

If you are considering cancelling, you may get some good news of another possible plan if you ring 132200 and say Disconnections, especially during the hours:  7.30am to 9pm AEST.  They'll try to work something out to retain you as a customer

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It's in the terms and conditions, they can do it to obsolete plans with 30 days notice.

If your friend is on a budget, but still want to use the Telstra network, then have a look at Belong.com.au who are a Telstra subsidiary but are geared towards lower income customers (students and the like).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Craigus86
Level 2: Rookie

I also got this email. You can change to their 'Extra Small' plan which is $40 with 2GB of data and you don't get charged for extra data any more it just caps to a maximum speed of 1.5Mbps.

This plan is not advertised but it is in the link in the email https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Services-KB/Changes-to-some-of-our-Mobile-Plans/ta-p/838186

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now