CrowdSupport®
mokey
Level 2: Rookie

changes to mobile plans

Answered

We currently have a $29 and $39 plan which we are being told is being increased to a $40 and $50 plan.  We can't afford the increase in plan amount as this equates to an increase of $264 a year.  Is there a $30 and $40 plan that we can be put on instead?  The amount of data isn't important to us.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: changes to mobile plans

Hi mokey,

Telstra don't have a $30 month to month plan that I'm aware of.

The cheapest is $40.

Another option that might interest you is the Pre-Paid Max plan. This has a $30/28 day expiry option.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

You could also ring 132200 and speak to the Disconnection's team. Say "Disconnection" to the automated lady when you ring as the reason for your call.

They might be able to offer you something that you'd be happy with.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Hi mokey,

Telstra don't have a $30 month to month plan that I'm aware of.

The cheapest is $40.

Another option that might interest you is the Pre-Paid Max plan. This has a $30/28 day expiry option.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

You could also ring 132200 and speak to the Disconnection's team. Say "Disconnection" to the automated lady when you ring as the reason for your call.

They might be able to offer you something that you'd be happy with.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
mokey
Level 2: Rookie

Thankyou for the suggestion.  I will look in to it.  The link you provided also has the 12 month prepaid which works out cheaper ($300) than what I currently pay.

Highlighted

You're welcome Smiley Happy

Yes, the $300/12 months recharge equates to $25/month which is cheaper than what you're paying now.

If you did decide to change to the Max plan the Disconnection's team will be able to change you from the Plans you have now to Pre-Paid.

You will still be able to use the SIM's that are in your mobile phone's now....Telstra just needs to do the changes on your Account at their end.

You'll need to tellthem that you've chosen the Pre-Paid Max plan (not the Long Life Plus plan).

I was on a Telstra Plan year's ago and changed to Pre-Paid. I didn't need to change my SIM card.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now