CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
aaa--
Level 1: Cadet

end of 24 month plan contract

Answered

hi my 24 month plan contract ended on 14/03/2018 now i receive dthe last bill and i just paid it. now what plan am i on now? and how much should i pay for it? i used to pay 99 and the last bill was 95. i would like to stop the plan and start recharging my phone normally when i ran out of credit. has been twoo weeks past my contract due date and i can see im still on the same amount of data and i suppose the calls and messages are same same. how can i change it? and if i do now will i pay 95 dollars anyway because of the old plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: end of 24 month plan contract

Once the contract ends you stay on the same plan just without any handset repayment charges (if applicable) until you change it. 

If you want to keep it on a plan the BYO plans would likely work out better value then keeping it on the same plan they are here: http://tel.st/byo

or if you want to go back to prepaid as it sounds like you were saying, then your best bet is to speak to the disconnection team who will be able to complete a postpaid-to-prepaid order for you to migrate your service back to prepaid. They are on 132200 and say disconnect between 9 am and 8:30 pm.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Once the contract ends you stay on the same plan just without any handset repayment charges (if applicable) until you change it. 

If you want to keep it on a plan the BYO plans would likely work out better value then keeping it on the same plan they are here: http://tel.st/byo

or if you want to go back to prepaid as it sounds like you were saying, then your best bet is to speak to the disconnection team who will be able to complete a postpaid-to-prepaid order for you to migrate your service back to prepaid. They are on 132200 and say disconnect between 9 am and 8:30 pm.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Level 21: Augmented

the only thing that @DrQ might have left out is the possibility of the Pro-Rata rate as explained here

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now