carlyldonohue93
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone 6s pre-order - now back order?

I placed an order online for an iPhone 6s 64GB in rose gold and while doing so there was no mention of back order. The page actually said "available for pre-order". I've just re-read my confirmation email and it states it is on back order, but most will be delivered tomorrow. What is happening?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: iPhone 6s pre-order - now back order?

hHi Carly Apple allocate Telstra a certain amount of devices each year for Pre-Order and unfortunately, the demand during Pre-Orders is always extremely high. 

Multiple orders are received through the system every minute, so while you initially may have been advised that your order was successful, once Telstra have gone to process the order they have identified that there is not enough stock. 

Unfortunately Telstra and other retailers cannot provide you with a timeframe for when stock will be made available by Apple.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
starrbarr
Level 1: Cadet

They are still 4weeks away
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Starrbarr

We can't confirm a timeframe for the backorders to be filled I'm afraid, as we have new stock coming in on a regular basis and therefore hoping to have these orders filled prior to that amount of time. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now