CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
toms
Level 1: Cadet

proxy intercepting traffic

hello,

we are using a telstra.internet apn and were using port 8080 to report (non http) data to our servers for at least 2 years now.

since last week we are getting an error from a proxy server who doesn't like the data:

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 01:49:01 GMT
Server: Apache
Content-Length: 311
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
<p>Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<br />
</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache Server at ngpwz5fe09.tmof.in.telstra.com.au Port 3128</address>
</body></html>

has there been a policy change ? or is this a misconfigured proxy ?

the data is non-http but is just plain text data

forgot to tell, that it doesn't start off doing it, just after 30 minutes or so the proxy starts rejecting the traffic.. and not all units that use the telstra.internet apn do it, it seems to be related to the assigned ip address.

which is why i guess it might be to do with 1 particular proxy in a farm of proxies that is mis-configured ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: proxy intercepting traffic

Hi Toms & welcome to CrowdSupport.

I want to raise this with our techies to source you an answer but I need some details about the account/service that is having the issues. Can you please send me the details via telstra.com/24x7help and I will pass it on to them & hopefully get you a reply.

Cheers,

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

toms
Level 1: Cadet

Re: proxy intercepting traffic

Hello Ben, thanks for that, i have just forwarded the sim details to you via the 24x7 help site.
thanks,
tom

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now