CrowdSupport®
Nelsontay93
Level 3: Gumshoe

unexpected sign up to plan

dear telstra, 

I have been a pre paid customer for 3 and a half years now with you and nothing has ever been a problem. Recently when i pre ordered an iphone 6 with you online you changed me from pre-paid to a $10 plan before my iphone came. I did nto ask to be put on this plan at all and wanted to remain on pre-paid until my handset arrived. I was not aware i was changed onto this plan and as a result i have accumulated a bill of $62 that i had know idea was stacking up. Im a university student that has been loyal to your company for 3 and a half years on pre-paid and did not ask to be put on this plan what-so-ever. 

I refuse to pay this bill amount as a result of the poor customer service i have recieved this last week and the fact that this plan was approved without my consent. There is no way i would ever agree to put myself on this plan as i require more credit than $10. Nearly every call i have placed in the past few days has been a result of your company screwing me around and not keeping me in the loop. Just trying to get onto one of your stores the other time which took 8 calls to do has cost me nearly $12 in connection fees. This is outrageous!

Is this how you treat your loyal customers? is this how you go about keeping someones buisness? 

Have already cancelled my order of the iphone 6 as i dont want to sign up with your company after this unless this problem is rectified. $62 may not seem like much to you but as a university student that is food for 2 weeks. 

Would love to talk to someone more about this. 

Cheers 

Nelson

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: unexpected sign up to plan

So as a part of the process of moving you onto the plan you had wanted to take up (Ordered plan) they had moved you onto a Mobile Accelerate Casual $10 Plan? As a result you accumilated $62 in charges on that plan? Has that been billed yet (as in have you recieve an actual bill)?

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Nelsontay93
Level 3: Gumshoe

Yep received a $15 bill but now on my online account it says $62. I would have loved some communication from telstra to let me know about this.

ah that isn't good.

Hopefully one of the mods sees this, but for a faster result try have a chat with a 24/7 LiveChat agent, let them know the situation and no doubt given the circumstances you have provided a resolution would be able to be obtained Smiley Happy

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have been billed for calls on a plan that was intended to be a temporary step between your existing pre-paid service and your new post-paid contract then I would recommend speaking to billing on either 13 22 00 or here http://tel.st/hsc3 and my colleagues can review the charges.

I expect they will be removed, however I cannot promise credits over the forum.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

LinleyJ
Level 1: Cadet

Earlier this year I was moved from a $29 tablet plan to a $150 plan without my knowledge, until the Enormous bill arrived! When I called about it, I was unable to be put back on my original plan as it no longer existed and was forced to recontract to a similar plan!!! why was I not recontracted when they switched me to the $150 plan? How was my plan changed at all without my consent? 

Telstra raises far too many doubts and concerns for this customer of over 10 years. I can't trust them so I'm gone.

Linley that is very very unsual, my understanding is that the $29 plan's family were all like that, $29, $39, $49... so the $150 would most likely be the newer plan, which means to have been changed onto it would have been a recontract, which should have had your approval, I mean, a contact should have been required to innitiate the request in the first place, do you know which team you spoke to when you requested to be put back down?

Helpful Links

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit