CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Freddo_Frog
Level 3: Gumshoe

ACCESSING SAGEMCOM F@ST 5355 ADMIN PAGE

Answered

I have a Telstra supplied Sagemcon F@ST5355 modem and used to access the modem admin login page by entering  //10.0.0.138/login  into the address bar of my Edge browser.  This has ceased working, the browser responds with "page not found".  I have done a hard reset of the modem but problem remained.

If I use Internet Explorer and enter //10.0.0.138/login into the address bar it works just as it should and brings up the modem login page.

I have cleared the Edge cache and even reset Edge clearing all stored data but the problem remains.  It seems the problem lies in Edge communicating with the modem.

What do I need to do to restore access to the modem login page using Edge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: ACCESSING SAGEMCOM F@ST 5355 ADMIN PAGE

Edge is not the most ideal browser and I would recommend trying any of the alternate web browsers that are free, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Edge is not the most ideal browser and I would recommend trying any of the alternate web browsers that are free, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Freddo_Frog

This is a "work-around" not a solution to the problem. While there is a known issue with Edge not recognising IP addresses as "local" there must be a solution to this rather than simply going to an alternative web browser.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I would argue that using a different browser is the solution and not the work around, but it comes down to perspective and preference. 

The gateway interface can be accessed via: http://telstra.gateway  as well as the usual http://10.0.0.138

If neither of those options work, then you should consider an alternate browser as I suggested previously, or try accessing the modem page from an alternate device such as a smart phone or tablet or a Mac. 

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Have you changed any settings in Edge or has there been a recent update installed on the PC? I can still access the Sagemcom F@st5355 GUI using the edge browser.
Freddo_Frog

Taking a different more general perspective of the problem - that is, Edge's apparent problem [at times] in identifying LAN [Intranet] IP addresses I found a solution which allows Edge to access the Modem Admin page using the local [LAN] IP address 10.0.0.138 [this solution will work for any local IP / Intranet address].  The solution is to access the Win 10 internet options in Control Panel and list the IP address specifically as a local [LAN] IP address.  See the process below:
IP address.JPG

Freddo_Frog

Hi cf4 - no I had not made any changes to settings in edge or had any Windows 10 updates - all was working as intended until one day Edge ceased recognising local [LAN / Intranet] IP addresses. It seems this is a well documented problem with Edge [Microsoft needs to fix it]. Meanwhile I found a solution which now makes Edge recognise the modem IP address and I have shared this solution under this topic. Thanks for your help.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now