Freddo_Frog
Level 3: Gumshoe

ACCESSING SAGEMCOM F@ST 5355 ADMIN PAGE

Answered

I have a Telstra supplied Sagemcon F@ST5355 modem and used to access the modem admin login page by entering  //10.0.0.138/login  into the address bar of my Edge browser.  This has ceased working, the browser responds with "page not found".  I have done a hard reset of the modem but problem remained.

If I use Internet Explorer and enter //10.0.0.138/login into the address bar it works just as it should and brings up the modem login page.

I have cleared the Edge cache and even reset Edge clearing all stored data but the problem remains.  It seems the problem lies in Edge communicating with the modem.

What do I need to do to restore access to the modem login page using Edge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Technical Support
Technical Support
Accepted Solution

Re: ACCESSING SAGEMCOM F@ST 5355 ADMIN PAGE

Edge is not the most ideal browser and I would recommend trying any of the alternate web browsers that are free, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES
Technical Support
Technical Support
Accepted Solution

Edge is not the most ideal browser and I would recommend trying any of the alternate web browsers that are free, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Freddo_Frog

This is a "work-around" not a solution to the problem. While there is a known issue with Edge not recognising IP addresses as "local" there must be a solution to this rather than simply going to an alternative web browser.
Technical Support
Technical Support

I would argue that using a different browser is the solution and not the work around, but it comes down to perspective and preference. 

The gateway interface can be accessed via: http://telstra.gateway  as well as the usual http://10.0.0.138

If neither of those options work, then you should consider an alternate browser as I suggested previously, or try accessing the modem page from an alternate device such as a smart phone or tablet or a Mac. 

Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Have you changed any settings in Edge or has there been a recent update installed on the PC? I can still access the Sagemcom F@st5355 GUI using the edge browser.
Freddo_Frog

Taking a different more general perspective of the problem - that is, Edge's apparent problem [at times] in identifying LAN [Intranet] IP addresses I found a solution which allows Edge to access the Modem Admin page using the local [LAN] IP address 10.0.0.138 [this solution will work for any local IP / Intranet address].  The solution is to access the Win 10 internet options in Control Panel and list the IP address specifically as a local [LAN] IP address.  See the process below:
IP address.JPG

Highlighted
Freddo_Frog

Hi cf4 - no I had not made any changes to settings in edge or had any Windows 10 updates - all was working as intended until one day Edge ceased recognising local [LAN / Intranet] IP addresses. It seems this is a well documented problem with Edge [Microsoft needs to fix it]. Meanwhile I found a solution which now makes Edge recognise the modem IP address and I have shared this solution under this topic. Thanks for your help.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more