Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Level 1: Cadet
0 Kudos

ADSL2+ Modem

Which Telstra modem is best for gamers where the NAT is required to change from "Strict" to "Open"?

Level 23: Superhero
0 Kudos

Re: ADSL2+ Modem

We are using a TP Link Archer D7 which has provided easy to set versatile settings that have been great for the grandson who is an avid gammer, PS3 etc. etc.

Take a look at the user manual for this unit at the following link, it's very comprehensive and should show if what you want to achieve would be available in the units settings: http://www.tp-link.com.au/resources/document/Archer_D7_V1_User_Guide_1910010943.pdf

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Level 1: Cadet
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeff, I bought a TP Link today & I'm trying to install. Did you have any issues with VPI & VCI codes. Bigpond will not tell me what codes to use.
Level 23: Superhero
0 Kudos

Good onya Mr_T-Box.

These are what I use on our D7:

VPI.jpg

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.