burke1
Level 1: Cadet

Alcatel-Lucent I-241G-B power supply has died

I called Telstra on Sunday 11th Aug and after a one hour wait I got to talk to a tech and he said the power supply had died and told me he would express post a new one. Monday came and went and Tuesday so last night I called again and after 2 hours on hold, I had to hang up and get some sleep (11 pm by then). So now I'm here asking how do I get this fixed. I work from home and I have almost wiped out my mobile data plan. The back up wireless connection in the Telstra wifi modem barely loads this page so now I'm using my mobile phone. The power supply model is gpa-151wa-136125. Ive tried the 24/7 chat but It just disappears when I click on the options provided.

Paul Barby

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
burke1
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Alcatel-Lucent I-241G-B power supply has died

Ok, I managed to get through to Velocity tech support, they said the power supply was left at the front door on Tuesday. But I was home all day and checked 3 times and never saw a package. to be honest I live in an apartment building in Brisbane city so the front door is on the street and I'm not sure a package left there would last long with and we don't have a reception. I'm not sure what to do, I do online tech sales via video so it looks like I have to move my office to somewhere there is internet or start paying $10 a gigabyte to keep working. Any suggestions on how I can get this power supply asap would be very very helpful. Oh I the online Telstra 24/7 chat doesn't work in Chrome only IE, well for me at least.

Paul Barby
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Good morning,

Are you using this in a business? I very much doubt doubt that Telstra would keep this as a spare part.

If so, you may be wise to go back to the business centre or point of purchase.

Alcatel Lucent have a support office in Sydney

ALEnterprise (Australia) Pty Ltd
204, Level 2, 3 Rider Boulevard
Rhodes NSW 2138 Australia
Tel.: +61 2 9370 3000

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
awulf
Level 4: Private Eye

Mine died not too long ago, I ended up making my own using this connector https://www.jaycar.com.au/300mm-nbn-ufb-power-connection-lead/p/PP2028 using an old 12v 1A power brick from an old router. This held me while it took 5 weeks for Telstra to deliver a new Power Supply.

If you're not DIY electronics, JayCar also sell one you can just use https://www.jaycar.com.au/nbn-ufb-replacement-power-supply-12v-2-5a/p/MP3538

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now