CrowdSupport®
klnjlh
Level 1: Cadet

Arcadyan LH1000 - Network drive

Answered

Hi,

Trying to connect my network drive to my computers via SAMBA but turns out the new Smart Modem relies on the old SMBv1 protocol that got superseded by newer SMBv2 since 2007 and SMBv3 since 2012.

Window's doesn't allow connections that require SMBv1 so I can't map my network drive at all.

Any chance a firmware update will arrive that fixes this? Unacceptable for this new modem to be using such an old outdated protocol.

Currently running firmware version 0.08.06r.

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Arcadyan LH1000 - Network drive

Windows doesn't have SMB 1.0 enabled by default but you can enable SMB 1.0.

To enable SMB1.0

1. Press the Win + R keys to open Run and type optionalfeatures.exe into the Run box.
  2. Find SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support in the list and check the box next to it.
  3. Alternatively, you can expand it and enable only client or server, depending on what you want.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Arcadyan LH1000 - Network drive

Windows doesn't have SMB 1.0 enabled by default but you can enable SMB 1.0.

To enable SMB1.0

1. Press the Win + R keys to open Run and type optionalfeatures.exe into the Run box.
  2. Find SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support in the list and check the box next to it.
  3. Alternatively, you can expand it and enable only client or server, depending on what you want.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now