Tony131
Level 1: Cadet

Arcadyan LH1000 modem won't download from aws

I have a Arcadyan LH1000 modem and a device 'Hubitat' connected to my network it connects to the internet to get software updates. The the software updates to this device start but do not download. By that I mean the request to download is sent but it appears that the download is blocked. I replaced the LH1000 with a ASUS DSL-AC68U Modem Router out of the box. The downloads worked. This indicates that there is no problem with my Hubitat device or the ADSL connection and that the problem lies with the LH1000.
There is no port forwarding setup or needed in either modem.
I have disabled the firewall in the modem. Used a custom setting for firewall and made sure that port 443 was unblocked.
I have unplugged all devices except for the Hubitat and a laptop that connects to the Hubitat with a web browser to initiate the download.

The manufacturer of the Hubitat has advised that the update is a standard https request to aws on 443.
They are thinking that I have something that is causing packet fragmentation or something that is interrupting ssl downloads.

Another idea is that the modem is using or blocking port 443.

Are there any ideas on how to solve this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Arcadyan LH1000 modem won't download from aws

Hey Tony131,

I am sorry to hear of these issues, and that this is still having troubles after the above steps. Give our tech team a call on 133 933 and we will investigate this further with you. Please let us know how you go.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Tony131

Thank You I will

Tony131

I have also tried changing the DNS server to Google and Open Dns with the same effect 

Support Team
Support Team

Ok no worries, let us know how you go when you do.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now