deagles
Level 1: Cadet

Arcadyn Smart Modem Port Forwarding

I've spent many hours over the last few days trying to get my recently supplied Arcadyn LH1000 "Smart Modem" properly running ... Telstra sent me a new one (with the 4G backup) due to service outage for a few days.   This replaced the Technicolor TG797.

There are a number of posts on CrowdSupport re port forwarding - but I thought that I'd share ..... (a) in case it helps someone else; and (b) if anyone can help me.

What I think i've discovered during these MANY WASTED HOURS is this 'Smart Modem' is incredibly DUMB when it comes to Port Forwarding.   

How dumb ?   It appears to have a FIXED LIMIT OF 10 PORTS able to be forwarded.    Can anyone confirm this ??????

You see, if I configure port forwarding in this order (nb 10th is Plex and 11th is FTP) :Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 8.51.32 AM.png  

Port scan gives this:

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 8.50.03 AM.png

Then delete the Plex entry from modem port fwd config, save, re-enter it (so now FTP is 10th and plex is 11th), save:

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 8.54.02 AM.png

Running port scan, now gives this :

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 8.53.25 AM.png

Less than 30 seconds apart - only change to system is the port forward change.

Coincidence ... nope.   repeated with SSH Port 22 as 10th and 11th.   open when 10th, closed when 11th.

Can anyone help me out with how to have >10 ports forwarded ????????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now