CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Datel
Level 2: Rookie

Bridging Arcadyan LH1000 modem

Answered

Hello,

Just received the new Arcadyan LH1000  modem/router, but I cannot figure out out to get it into bridge mode, as I need to configure my Meraki MX as a gateway with static IP address, thus I need the Arcadyan LH to be transparent to the Meraki. Any ideas where can I find the settings?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Bridging Arcadyan LH1000 modem

Advanced > Internet > WAN Services

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Accepted Solution

Advanced > Internet > WAN Services

View solution in original post

Datel

Thank you,
Will that in anyway affect the telephony services, what I mean will the phone that is plugged into the modem still work if the modem is in bridge mode?

The phone an phone want work when modem is bridged and you will no longer be able to access the modems GUI without doing a factory reset. Best to turn of WiFi on the modem before bridging or else a WiFi device might grab the public IP address of internet connection.

What type of connection do you have? If connection is not FTTN/B you could use your router as main router and use the Telstra Modem as a VOIP adapter with WAN port connected to LAN port of your existing router.

GBe

I have an nbn FTTN connection using Telstra as my RSP.

I want to use my Apple Airport as my WiFi Base Station and LAN router.  I used to be able to put the Telstra VDSL2 modem into bridge mode, turn off its WiFi and manage everything just fine from Apple’s Airport Utility.  Why won’t that work now with the LH1000?

If you don't need a phone service you should still be able to bridge ghe modem, turn off its WiFi, connct apple Airport to one kf the modem's LAN ports and use Airport as the router. Telstra  NBN connectio s use IPOE foe authentification and don't require a log in or password. Set Airport internet connection type as DHCP.

GBe

Thankyou 

nbn View.JPGnbn ViewABS View.JPGABS View

Having had time to play with the settings I can pretty much confirm the Gen2 Smart Modem in Bridge Mode, sadly won't work into an Apple Base Station providing the Routing and LAN functions .  The latest Gen2 nbn modem seems to insist that it be the Router as well.  In the above photos the LH1000 is set to bridge mode and the Apple Base Station is placed in DHCP mode.  Everything gets assigned addresses OK but then the nbn wont provide the Internet connection.  Any ideas?

I can place the ABS in Bridge mode and turn off the LH1000 wifi and keep it's routing function and the nbn provides the internet connection.  Very odd.

It is strange that the ABS gets a IPV4 address but still can't access the internet. It might be due to the ABS only having basic IPv6 functionality. Have you tried connecting a MAC or PC via an Ethernet cable to the modem in Bridge mode and checking if you have internet access?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more