CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Ma1958
Level 3: Gumshoe

Broadband tab: Ethernet link status - ethernet down

Answered

Hello,

Can anyone advise why when I check my Broadband tab in my gateways advanced section, and then click on Ethernet link status that I am advised that  Ethernet Status Down, my PC is only connected to the internet via an Ethernet from my Telstra Smart Modem to my PC and my internet access is working perfectly, so I'm just a little confused by this advise, it's not connected via Wi-Fi or any other means, just Ethernet, so my Ethernet connection is working well so I'm just not sure what that Ethernet status down advice actually refers to

Thanks in advance   

Screen shot below

Ethernet Status down.png

Ethernet wired.png

Ma58
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Broadband tab: Ethernet link status - ethernet down

That tab is for if you're modem is connected via it's WAN port to something like a NBN connection box

If you're looking for stats on your ethernet connection from the computer to the modem, you'll find that in the diagnostics section i believe
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

That tab is for if you're modem is connected via it's WAN port to something like a NBN connection box

If you're looking for stats on your ethernet connection from the computer to the modem, you'll find that in the diagnostics section i believe
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Ma1958
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thank you for your reply, I was just looking through the my gateway pages seeing what the new modem was performing like, and I was uncertain about that page, your answer though was most helpful thank you again

Ma58

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now