PurpleRealm
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Modem died - which one should I buy?

Answered
My cable modem CG3100D-2 has died. It was running in bridge mode as I have an asus router. Telstra have told me to go to the Telstra shop and buy a new one.
What do I replace it with? I don’t need any of the fancy wifi stuff so not sure what to buy and don’t want to be talked into something I don’t need.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Cable Modem died - which one should I buy?

Basically only the netgear 450 cable adapter is sold these days. Its essentially a cable modem in bridge mode where by you can any router to it.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Basically only the netgear 450 cable adapter is sold these days. Its essentially a cable modem in bridge mode where by you can any router to it.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Highlighted
PurpleRealm
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks so much for the quick reply! So if I go into a Telstra shop they should have them there?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now