CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Dazmac
Level 1: Cadet

Can I connect my NBN phone services via an Asus DSL AC68U FTTP? IF so, where do I start?

Answered

I have an ASUS DSL AC68U. I dont want to connect via the Telstra modem and i cannot figure out how to connect the phone service via the ASUS modem. 

Is there a way to connect the phone service by usuing my ASUS modem only or do I need to connect the supplied modem?

Thanks Darren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I connect my NBN phone services via an Asus DSL AC68U FTTP? IF so, where do I start?

The phone service will only work with the Telstra Gateway.

The Telstra Gateway be used as an ATA with its WAN port connected to a LAN port on the ASUS modem. In some cases it will work with out any special settings. If it doesn't work could could try changing the SIP ALG settings  in ASUS modem and or port forward  TCP/UDP 5060-5061, 3478 and UDP 5004, 10000-20000.

For VOIP service to work Telstra Gateway must first be connect directly to NBN for Gateway to register. Once registered disconnect Telstra Gateway, connect ASUS modem directly to NBN and connect WAN port of Telstra Gateway to LAN port ASUS modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Can I connect my NBN phone services via an Asus DSL AC68U FTTP? IF so, where do I start?

it cannot be done. To use a Telstra NBN phone service, you must use the Telstra supplied modem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Accepted Solution

The phone service will only work with the Telstra Gateway.

The Telstra Gateway be used as an ATA with its WAN port connected to a LAN port on the ASUS modem. In some cases it will work with out any special settings. If it doesn't work could could try changing the SIP ALG settings  in ASUS modem and or port forward  TCP/UDP 5060-5061, 3478 and UDP 5004, 10000-20000.

For VOIP service to work Telstra Gateway must first be connect directly to NBN for Gateway to register. Once registered disconnect Telstra Gateway, connect ASUS modem directly to NBN and connect WAN port of Telstra Gateway to LAN port ASUS modem.

Dazmac
Level 1: Cadet

thank you guys.

much appreciated

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now