CrowdSupport®
OWJ
Level 1: Cadet

Can I run a tablet and a laptop through the one wifi modem ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Can I run a tablet and a laptop through the one wifi modem ?

Hi there OWJ, need a little more information here. Are you running a desktop type modem as for instance connected to a landline type ADSL service?

If so, yes you can run mutiple devices via WiFi.

If we are talking a plug in USB WiFi dongle, it would depend on the model etc.

You might like to explain a little more about your set up models etc.

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
OWJ

Hi Jeff,

Desk top modem connected to a land line ADSL. TG587n V3

Printer is Canon MX436.

BTW....I'm 75 and not too computer savvy.

JD

Hey, you're nearly my age, so that's no problem.... My grandchildren think I'm 95 except when they need some help with their IT Toys.

Yes you can run multiple items with that unit.

Mate if you go to the following link I've provided, it's got the full user manual for your Modem (PDF Document you can read online or download). It's got full details on setting up the wiFi for devices, in particular starting at page 39.

http://setuprouter.com/router/technicolor/tg587nv3/manual-1250.pdf

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

OWJ

Thanks Jeff,

you've been most helpful.  I reckon this stuff is "whiteman's Magic"  and my wife asks me to explain it to her.  Not b****y likely.  Anyone under 10 years talks like a typewriter but my ears are a bit slow.  Ah well...

One of our boys (50yo) is buying mum a tablet of some sort.  (That's when the blues will start in ernest)

Thanks again Jeff.

John Denny.

No problem, us young blokes have to stick together. Boy are you going to have fun when the wife gets on her tablet!!!!!!

Sig 2

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now